Friday, August 04, 2006

Flours and Phones, It's a Happy Birthday


What do flour and phones have to do with one another, you ask? Well, throwing flour in your face is a Jamaican birthday custom. I though about doing this to Kaelyn, but instead I will just wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to the one person I would choose to be with if I were stuck on a tropical island for two years. Anyway, if I had thrown flour in her face today, the immense torrents of rain would have quickly turned it into glue. So it's better I didn't.

What about phones? I got her this phone, the Nokia 1110, for her birthday. It's a cool phone, which is very important, and it will help her stay in touch with other PCV's and everyone else. She got me a drum for my birthday.

Interestingly, both of these gifts are used for communication. I guess that is the theme for birthdays in 2006, FYI.

-Shane

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also got what every girl dreams of - a hot shower and air conditioning! Just for one night but at least on my birthday I won't have to go to sleep sweating and swatting at mosquitoes.

And since I'm so nice I let Shane come to the hotel too, even though it's not his birthday. Heehee.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Kaelyn!

--R

Anonymous said...

Kaelyn

I hope your birthday was IRIE !!!!

ONE LOVE

Dad